Thursday, January 6, 2011

We are still here really!!

So it has been forever since my last post. We have not disappeared, we are still around. Things have just gotten crazy around here with all the holidays and it seemed that once we got knocked off our schedule, no matter what I did I could not get back on. I am just taking a deep breath and realizing that its ok and we will get back there sooner or later.

A is doing absolutely AMAZING in every aspect. He is counting like a pro, even without any structured school time. He is starting to actually connect things and numbers. I try to have him count everything, like if I give him grapes or crackers I ask him how many and to count them. Before a few weeks ago he would count but wouldn't even look at what he was supposed to be counting. Now he can connect a number to an item. A has also allowed the number 2 to rejoin he counting. For awhile he would always skip two and jump right to three. Aside from being the funniest two year old ever, his vocabulary is growing like crazy. He like I am sure every other two year old asks five million questions per hour. I (for the most part) happily answer everything I can am happy he has such a curious mind. A's imagination has exploded. He happily can play anything and loves to imagine he is a fire truck man, spaceship man, baseball player, football player, or fix it man. We are so limited on space here, I am glad he can find enough space to still pretend.

A has had issues with sleeping lately. I know its not teething because thankfully all his teeth are in. We are not sure what it is but he has been extremely difficult to get to nap and to bed at night. I have a feeling its partly because he is not getting enough energy out since we are in the middle of cold cold winter here in Michigan. I also suspect it is partly due to potty training. We are using pull-ups during sleeping but he always wakes up try. I think he is waking up at 3 or 4 a.m. because he has to go to the bathroom.

Ok so now on to potty news... A is almost completely potty trained. I say this in the lightest sense because it depends on what you consider potty trained. He has yet to tell us when he has to go but rarely has accidents during the day. Most accidents are our fault for waiting to long or when he gets excited about things. We do not use pull ups when we go out and other then one time, he has stayed dry without any accidents. #2 has been a challenge for us. He can do it  and has when we bribed him with a trip to Chucky Cheese. We thought once he saw he could do it and it was not scary or hurt, he would continue to do it. No we were wrong. We have bribed the boy with everything short of a trip to Disney World, and he still refuses. I am not sure if he has figures how to tell he has to go before its to late. Oh well, that will come. I am just so proud how well he is doing all together.

M.... Oh my sweet itty bitty what a handful this one is. I think M is partly (or mostly) the reason, we have strayed from our formal school schedule. My little toddler is in anything and everything and has a temper like no other. We have attempted projects for the boys to do, and by the end, I am either yelling, sweating or wondering why I even thought I could handle them both. M for some reason is still in the phase of eating and putting things in his mouth. Crayons are just an afternoon snack to him. A never had an desire to put things in his mouth even as a baby so I am hoping this phase ends soon. He does "attempt" to follow directions for about half a second and then whatever we are going, such as painting, gets a taste test. One day I can hope that not everything looks editable to him!

On a more serious not, M has a vocabulary that A didn't have until closer to 2 years old. Many words he says are very clear and can easily be understood. He has even been known to link two words together on occasion. This advance vocabulary is a a blessing and a pain all at once. On the good side, he can easily express what he wants and show us, on the bad side, he can express what he wants and show us and what he wants is what he wants and there is no redirecting this little man. If he wants a piece of candy that is on the counter, and is told no (watch out and plug your ears) he will get a chair and push it over to get it. If he is taken off the chair (again watch out and plug your ears) he will go back and get the chair again. He does not give up or forget. Ahhh but you gotta love him, tantrums and all.

M is also using the potty and on some days more then A. M LOVES LOVES LOVES the potty and will (watch out and plug your ears) express his anger if he is not allowed in there. He has recently discovered that he controls when he can go so whenever he sits he goes. He also goes #2 without any issue at all (Thank goodness!!) A few times a week he will actually ask to sit on the potty himself. I have a feeling as soon as A is completely potty trained, M will follow right behind. Maybe we should have not let A in the bathroom and then it would have been fun when you were allowed to go in there?

My goals for this year are to slowly become less frazzled. I feel like I have been this way since Thanksgiving and despite every attempt cant get out of it. I love school time and so does A but I just have not had the energy or courage to take it back on with as much of a handful that M is. My other goal is less TV or noise in our house. Yes we are the house that had PBS on all day even when no one is watching it. The boys will play, stop and watch a minute then are off to play again. Even now as I type the TV is on even thought I am not watching it.

I hope to post more often. I am not going to put any pressure on me or stress about it if I do not get to it. I put together parts at night for extra money which takes up most of my time and the nights I dont have them, I usually watch adult shows (AKA not barney, Sesame Street, Calliou, or any other show that involves singing animals.)

So hopefully you will be seeing more posts from me soon but we are hear, we are learning, and we are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment